Welcome to Weyerhaeuser's new website!

You appear to be using an older browser. This website is best viewed using the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. If you proceed without upgrading or switching browsers, you may not experience optimal navigation or page functionality. Thank you for your interest in Weyerhaeuser and we hope you enjoy your visit.

Update my browser now


Weyerhaeuser recreational permits and leases include access for hunting, camping, fishing, hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, berry and mushroom picking, and more. We offer a variety of permits and exclusive leases across our Northwest landscape.

Unlike the days when hiking-in was the only choice for forest entry, your permit or lease includes a key to our gated roads where you can drive deep into the woods, and an allotment of firewood. Additionally, if you’d like to stay a few days to recreate – or just relax and soak in the beautiful scenery – we offer dispersed camping to our lease and permit customers.

For more information or to review our current permit offerings, please go to www.WYrecreation.com.

Search Permits Search Leases


Weyerhaeuser offers many ways to access our land. Before venturing into the woods, it’s important to know the rules that help keep our lands safe, clean and available in the future. Please select the area below you’d like to visit:

Lower Columbia:

Willamette Valley:

North WA Region:

Southern Oregon:


Disabled Hunter Companion Waivers

Hunters with state-approved disabled hunter permits still need to purchase a Recreational Access Permit to enter the permit area. If the disabled hunter requires a companion hunter to assist them in the stalking, shooting, tracking, retrieving, or tagging of game birds and game animals, the companion hunter is not required to purchase an access permit.

The companion hunter will need to sign a liability waiver. If the companion hunter wants to hunt his/her own tag, then they must purchase their own Recreation Permit. The disabled hunter/permit holder will need to complete the Disabled Hunter Companion Waiver form and email to the specific Permit Area (see Contact Us) after Aug. 1 for final approval of the Companion Hunter waiver.  Issuing the waiver will be handled entirely by email or fax. 

You will need to send a copy of the following in via email to NorthwestAdmin@weyerhaeuser.com:

  • A copy of your hunting license and your companion card.
  • A copy of your companion’s hunting license – Even though we do not allow the companion to hunt, the State requires the companion to carry a valid hunting license.
  • A dual-signed copy of the 2019 Disabled Hunter Companion Waiver form here. Fill this form out and have your companion sign. After receipt of all documents, we will sign it and return it to you.

Download the 2019 Disabled Hunter Companion Waiver


To view lease and permit opportunities, visit wyrecreation.com.

If you have questions about recreational access in the Northwest Region, please review our frequently asked questions or contact us using the buttons below.

View FAQs Contact Us